Copy of INDUSTRIES (a magazine) Forth Bridge Special Edition, February 1890. It comprises 52 pages of text and photographs and 40 pages of advertisements. This edition is supplemented by a series of loose photographs:
- Directors of the Forth Bridge Railway Company
- View of the bridge as opened for traffic
- General view of the bridge (1887)
- Etchings of John Fowler, Benjamin Baker & William Arrol
- Forth Bridge Portraits Issued by “Industries” to Commemorate the Opening of the Forth Bridge, March 4th 1890. This latter item contains images of 30 engineers and others associated with the bridge (interestingly some of these images are the same as those used to create the Forth Bridge Commemorative Portrait Group in the collection (2012/012))
This item was loaned to South Ayrshire Council for an exhibition Spanning the Centuries Sir William Arrol’s Legacy in Steel, Stone, and Culture. Roselle House Museum & Galleries, Ayr. February – May 2023.