Reversing theodolite made by T. Cooke & Sons Ltd (c. 1900). 7.5 in telescope. Black japanned finish. Three screw levelling. Fitted wooden box and brown leather carrying case.
In 1915 T. Cooke & Sons was acquired by Vickers Ltd and in 1922 they amalgamated with the long established instrument-making firm of Troughton & Simms of London to become Cooke, Troughton & Simms. In 1924 Cooke, Troughton & Simms became part of Vickers.